So today, I ran my streak runiversary. Today along with a couple of my friends I ran a little over 5 miles to celebrate running every single day for 5 years. December 10, 2012 is when it all started when I was added to a Facebook Group that was “2013 Run Everyday”, mine just happened to continue past the last day of 2013. Here is a look at the numbers over the last 5 years of running every single day.
- 14938.89 miles ran
- 70 races
- 19 races being full marathons plus an additional 3 ultras
- Personal Best in the 5k of 18:35
- Personal Best in the 10k of 38:40
- Personal Best in the half marathon of 1:24:40
- Personal Best in the marathon 3:04:06
- 3 Boston Qualifying times
- Ran in 14 states in the U.S. (CA, OR, WA, NC, NY, VA, TX, CO, AZ, OK, OH, UT, MA, NV)
- 4 Countries (United States, Mexico, Canada, Ghana)
- Shortest run 1.01 miles
- Longest run 39.75 miles
- Races in which Overall Winner: 5k , Half-Marathon
- Age Group placings (1st, 2nd of 3rd): 21 races
Honestly, I never thought I would get past one year of streaking let alone to five years. So many great memories through running and the friendships I have developed through this awesome sport. Hope to continue into running more days and get this streak to 10, 20, 30, 40 years?